Healthy hair starts with a healthy scalp.
The scalp skin surface is covered with what is called the 'Hydrolipid Film'. The Hydrolipid Film is a mixture of water (hydro) and fat (lipos). The main function of the hydrolipid film is to provide an external barrier to defending against any invasion of bacteria and fungi. There are micro-organisms on every healthy scalp. When the Hydolipid Film is unstable, microbes can multiply excessively. Every scalp will react differently to a build up of microbes. This is why there are so many different scalp problems such as:
- Oily Scalp with Dandruff
- Dry Scalp with Dandruff
- Moist or Oily Scalp with Waxy Scale and
- Oily or Dry Scalp without Dandruff
Effective rebalancing of the Hydrolipid Film is the first step to a healthy scalp and control of Scalp Scale and Scalp Oil conditions. Often the real scalp condition is not just a simple case of Dandruff or an Oily Scalp. Using incorrect products may remove or reduce the evidence of Dandruff, however, the Dandruff will always reappear, because the actual cause of the Dandruff is not being addressed. A shampoo for oily hair will not fix the scalp mechanism causing the oil production. It will merely clean it away, and the Oily Scalp will most definitely continue to return.
Common scalp conditions are:
- Scaly Scalp Conditions - Pityriasis, Dandruff (Pityriasis Capitis), Psoriasis, Pityriasis Amiantacea
- Itchy Scalp Conditions - Pruritus, Sensitive Scalp, Moist and Sweaty Scalp, Lichen Simplex, Acne Miliaris Necrotica
- Oily Scalp Conditions - Seborrhea, Seborrhea Dermatitis, Seborrhea Oleosa, Cradle Cap
- Inflamed Scalp Conditions - Folliculitis, Dermatitis, Lupus Erythematosus
- Infectious Scalp Conditions - Ringworm of the Scalp (Tinea Capitis), Impetigo, Bacterial Infections
Correct clinical diagnosis from a Tricholgoist is the only way to achieve effective scalp treatment results. Absolique Hair Health Clinic offers an exclusive individual microscopic diagnosis for your scalp concern with Hair Health and Scalp Check. The gathering of magnified images through a microscope, no matter how ugly, provides an exact method to diagnose and formulate a treatment. The microscope also acts as a tool to accurately measure success of Hair and Scalp Treatments. Several Scalp and Hair problems can be present on the same scalp requiring Combination Therapy, or may have a singular cause, with simple treatment required.